Am I still responsible for original email agreement with car dealership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua_g

I had a written (email) agreement for the cost of a satellite radio installation on my car with the dealership president's representative.

When I dropped the car off for the install I told the service rep to speak to the president's office for all the detail, cost, etc. The service rep stated he would. That was clearly stated in the work order.

When I picked up the car, from the same service rep, he stated there was no charge for the install and presented with me a invoice stating "no charges" due.

Two months later, I receive a call from the dealership stating that I still owe for the install.

Am I still responsible at this point?

Last edited:
the original agreement was for a certain amount for the installation. When I picked up the car, it was my understanding that the service rep had discussed the situation with his team (as stated and as he said he would) and that there was no longer a charge for various reasons. Now it seems, for whatever reason, he did not discuss with anyone.

What I am trying to determine is, does the service rep's statement that there is no charge, and signed invoice stating the same constitute a new agreement so to speak.

Last edited:
Maybe the invoice constituted a new agreement, regardless of what other discussions there had been, and you're entitled to rely on it. That's a position you're entitled to take. On the other hand, maybe you made an agreement, the invoice was in error in not reflecting the agreement, and the dealer can correct that error. Only a judge will be able to tell you for sure.

it was my understanding that the service rep had discussed the situation with his team (as stated and as he said he would) and that there was no longer a charge for various reasons.

What led you to that understanding, and what reasons were given for there being no charge? I suspect much will turn on that.

it was my understanding that the service rep and president's rep discussed the situation because that's what was instructed and that's what the service rep said he would do and the fact that the president's rep was overseeing the situation. It was my understanding that they did discuss and the "no charge" invoice was due to the installation taking longer than expected, along with a long list of other documented misrepresentations, lack of customer service, etc. by dealer.

Well let them sue you, take all of your paper work on it and fight it. the invoice has a 0$ due -- it takes them 2 months to figure it out?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back