Am i required to give the person wanting to sue me my legal information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skepsisxx

I have someone wanting to sue me because we made an agreement for an item on Craigslist, I was to pay 200. 1st week I would pay 100, 2nd week I would pay another hundred.

I originally traded this guy a 110cc pocket bike for a 50cc (my screw up because his bike was junk but I wanted something running quick for my son)
I asked after 2 days if we could trade back because the bike I traded him was in much better condition. Mind you this is only the middle man ive been speaking with. He said he would have to talk D (D is the initial for the kid with my bike and the he originally owned the bike I now had) I'm corresponding with J. J then emails me and says i have to pay for the motor off the 110cc bike. I said fine whatever i want the bike back. Which I did mind paying but either way i was gonna pay it.

I gave the initial 100, he brought me the bike but the back at that time did not have the original ignition coil because he told me he threw it away, did not have the carb, the throttle, the front brake lever, the front brake caliper, the headlight, or the cover for where the chain is at. the guy knew i didn't know a whole lot about these but only that i wanted it back to get it running. I asked him everything it would need to get it running. He told me the carb would have to be cleaned, it would need a new ignition coil and the clutch cable. I originally gave him the clutch cable with the bike because i could not get it to fit but it was the correct cable.

When I got the bike back i only got the clutch cable back which has been mangled with wire cutters. Only the next day did i start noticing these things missing. I then asked him about them and he said that D had all of that and i could have them on Tuesday. Tuesday rolls around and i have no items. I hear from him on Thursday wanting payment. I told him that I was not going to pay for it and that if he wanted the bike I want my money back because this item was NOT what i agreed to buy. He told me the items were being held in lieu of payment. I was never even told about the missing items, I had to find them myself. quite a few emails later he tells me that wasn't what he said, which i have the emails. I've told him that either I get my money back that I paid which is 110 so far plus his gas to bring it to me or I would sell the bike for what I paid plus the parts that i was under the impression were coming back with the bike.

He wants to go to small claims for 100 bucks, which is fine whatever but he is asking for my personal information. Am i obligated to give him my personal information for him to sue me? thats really my only question. Theres more to the story, which him saying his side and me saying mine. He told me he doesn't understand my dispute and yyada yada yada.

I only wanna know if I have to give him my information so that he can sue me. I don't have to do that can i? and am i allowed to sell the bike to recover my money that I lost? I don't want anything more. He has emailed me asking for my full name, my address, and my mailing address. Do i have to give any of that to him? i don't think i do.

So far ive spent this much, 100 for the bike, 10 for the ignition coil, 25 for the clutch cable and 35 for the exhaust (the exhaust was not a part of the deal being that when it left my house originally it did not have the exhaust) and the exhaust was never a part of the deal.

Never buy anything off of CraigsList.

People get killed and robbed TRYING to save money off of that horrible place.

That said, just stop.

If he sues you, so what?

You aren't required to tell him anything.

So, ignore him.

Let him do the leg work to find out what he wants to know.

Just stop talking, communicating, or doing anything off of CraigsList.

Be thankful you lost a $10, or even $200, because people lose much more than that on that site.

And, just so you know, you can buy those bikjes NEW for $270.

This is just one search.

http://shop.vendio.com/remo032/item/2102052465/?s=1355561762

I'm sure there are other places you can find where they might be cheaper.

Be careful, and don't worry about this guy, just be smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back