Am I entitled to my final six days pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaitus

I recently held a contract which reads....

"The term of this assignment will commence Jan. 8th 08 and expire on March 24th 08."

The contract continues to read later in the document that...

2. This Agreement and the Employee's employment shall terminate effective March 24th 08 without the necessity for further notice, pay inlieu of notice or severance pay under common law or statute.

3. The employee shall cary out the duties assigned to him to the best of his ability on a full time basis. This Agreement and the Employee's employment may be terminated prior to March 24 2008 for just cause or for any other reasn upon one weeks written notice (or pay in lieu of notice) without any further requirement for further notice, pay in lieu of notice or severance pay at common law or under statute. The employee shall give one week written notice of resignation if he/she choses to resign prior to March 24th."

This is my question.
The job finished early on March 18th., primarilly due to another contractor. I never received any written notice with respect to an early finish. The way I interpret paragraph 3, is that, since I did not receive any written notice of an early "end of project date" that I am indeed entitled to my final 6 days of pay.

If someone could clarify this for me I'd be very appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back