Am I entitled to mortgage/equity line help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom0306

I have been seperated for one year after being married for 11. In Nov. 2006 my husband and I opened a business that failed and was closed in 12/07 (this is when we seperated). In order to open the business, we remortgaged our home (doubling the existing mortgage) and took out an equity line of credit in the amount of $40,000. The equity line of credit was used to pay household bills (I was a stay at home Mom of 3, helping at the business on weekends). There was no income during this time. We have both filed (seperate) bankruptcy as a result of the business failure. I am living in the family home with our 3 children and am primary caregiver to them. He pays monthly support for them. I chose to keep the mortgage and HELOC so that we could stay here. He had both loans dismissed from his name in his bankruptcy. My question is this: I want him to help me with the payments on the equity line, he refuses. Am I entitled to this? Am I entitled to mortgage help? I appreciate any help and/or advice offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back