Alimony & Bifurcation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gflick1011

Hello,
I was married approx 22 years & in 1993 our married was birufacted, but our divorce was final in 1997. I was ill from 2000 through 2005 and now have periodical health problems (fibromyalgia + arthritis). During my marriage I never held a full-time job and now am working on my Master's in Education. I plan to graduate in the fall of 2008 when I am 60 years old.
My question is how long can I continue to receive alimony in the state of California, considering the above?
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
gflick1011

You'll have to see an attorney if you want alimony extended but chances are it won't be. An attorney can give you the best chances scenario.

My question is how long can I continue to receive alimony in the state of California, considering the above?

What, if anything, does the judgment in your lawsuit say?

Hello,
The judgement says that I will receive alimony until one of us takes the other back to court. My ex is taking me back to court. What is the limit in years that support can be paid in Calif? Also, since the birufacation took place in 1993 does the support start at time of biruacation or at the time of the finalization of the divorce.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back