Ailmony with No Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltcino

Looking for some opinions on my current situation. I (28 age) split from wife (27 age) of 3.5 years in November 02. She ignored all of my lawyers attempts to resolve the matter peacefully. Yesterday, I received a petition for a court appearance on grounds of spousal support. I have no children and worked over 80 hours a week so she could further her education and receive her Associates Degree. The first year of marriage I completed my BA degree while working over 40 hours a week. The entire marraige my wife would not work more than 25 hours a week and her paychecks were very paltry. In addition, after the split she drained the bank accounts of $10,000 and $600.00 leaving me with nothing.

Now..on what grounds does she have for attaining ailimony payments from me? I just don't understand it.

Thanks in advance

Your lawyer should be able to tell you what claims she may have. After 3.5 years with each of you being able to maintain an independent career, it is doubtful IMHO that she will be able to get what she thinks she can. Perhaps she is looking for a free ride...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back