Agreement with Agencies on a OPT STEM EXTENSION

Mohammad Nafis

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I am currently employed with a company whom I signed an agreement of staying with them until April next year, and not to approach a specific agency I am working through my company with any offer. Since I am on OPT STEM EXTENSION, I heard agreements such as this is not valid. Is it true?

I am currently employed with a company whom I signed an agreement of staying with them until April next year, and not to approach a specific agency I am working through my company with any offer. Since I am on OPT STEM EXTENSION, I heard agreements such as this is not valid. Is it true?

Without reading the agreement your signed, (and with no desire to read it), I suggest you take it to a local lawyer and see what you can learn.

Is it true?

I don't have the slightest idea. Why don't you start by explaining what the following two things mean:

1. "an agreement of staying with them"
2. "I am on OPT STEM EXTENSION"

Please also elaborate about your statement that you "heard agreements such as this [are] not valid." Where and from whom did you hear this? I'm not asking for a name, but rather a general description (e.g., "I heard it from a friend who is a lawyer").

Back