1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Agreement with Agencies on a OPT STEM EXTENSION

Discussion in 'Employment Contracts & Work Policies' started by Mohammad Nafis, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Mohammad Nafis

Mohammad Nafis Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Georgia
    I am currently employed with a company whom I signed an agreement of staying with them until April next year, and not to approach a specific agency I am working through my company with any offer. Since I am on OPT STEM EXTENSION, I heard agreements such as this is not valid. Is it true?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Without reading the agreement your signed, (and with no desire to read it), I suggest you take it to a local lawyer and see what you can learn.

justblue and Mohammad Nafis like this.
  3. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

I don't have the slightest idea. Why don't you start by explaining what the following two things mean:

1. "an agreement of staying with them"
    2. "I am on OPT STEM EXTENSION"

Please also elaborate about your statement that you "heard agreements such as this [are] not valid." Where and from whom did you hear this? I'm not asking for a name, but rather a general description (e.g., "I heard it from a friend who is a lawyer").