Age of consent

A

Abstraction123

Jurisdiction
Idaho
Currently my girlfriend is having my baby that's due in September, the problem is I'm only 17 years of age turning 18 in December so me turning at age of consent is irrelevant. But she is going to be 20 on July of this year. Can she be accused of rape because she is having a baby with a minor and had sexual contact with a minor. As well she is going to be 3 years older than me by the time she has my baby?

Currently my girlfriend is having my baby that's due in September, the problem is I'm only 17 years of age turning 18 in December so me turning at age of consent is irrelevant. But she is going to be 20 on July of this year. Can she be accused of rape because she is having a baby with a minor and had sexual contact with a minor. As well she is going to be 3 years older than me by the time she has my baby?

The answer is YES, any adult can be charged with a sex crime for having UNLAWFUL, CARNAL KNOWLEDGE of a minor.

By the way, I would have my parents request a PATERNITY test BEFORE accepting any woman's claim that I'm the father of her baby, especially if she had raped me as a child.

Have you heard about SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES?

Better wear a glove, to protect your little "worrier", pal.

Thank you very much for your feedback. And The girl and I had each others consent but would it be a legal matter if once the baby is born and I would sign off as the dad she can be prosecuted and sent to Jail? That's what worries me most.

A minor less than age of consent cannot give consent thus the sexual acts were illegal and action can taken against the adult.

Thank you very much for your feedback. And The girl and I had each others consent but would it be a legal matter if once the baby is born and I would sign off as the dad she can be prosecuted and sent to Jail? That's what worries me most.

As noted above, a minor has no legal standing to give consent to an adult to sexually abuse him or her.

As I said, mate, you might not be the father.
If you are the father, child support looms large in your future until you are about 36, mabe 37 years of age.
That presumes, of course, what your parents do about the way the adult has savagely ravished you and robbed you of your sweet, childlike innocence and purity, son.

The age of consent in Idaho is 18. That means that if you are under the age of 18 she committed a crime when you had sex. The age of consent is very relevant; you cannot legally consent. It doesn't matter if you agreed to it; it doesn't matter if you got down on your knees and begged her to have sex with you. You are still below the age when you can legally consent - therefore there was no consent.

So yes, she CAN be charged with a crime and she CAN be convicted of a crime. Whether she WILL be charged or convicted remains to be seen.

Back