Age of Consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge1515

I am 19 years old and my girlfriend is 15 years old.

What is the legal age of consent in Michigan? And, what exactly does age of consent mean?

What are the consequences/ramifications of pregnancy if she is under the legal age of consent?

Thanks for all of your help.

Sean

Q: What are the consequences/ramifications of pregnancy if she is under the legal age of consent?

A: Child molesters are poorly treated in prison.

I looked at your link and that's criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree. What about first, second or third? Or fifth? If there is such a thing.

Also, none of the situations mentioned in the link apply to my situation. We are in love and are planning on getting married. She brought it up to me that she wants to try it. I would never do anything she didn't want to do or would have second guesses about in the future. I have told her this many times. I wanna make sure she's completely ready, but she says she wants to try it.

Another issue though, is her parents don't want us together, her dad said he never wanted to hear of me again and her mom doesn't like me i think either.

Would anything change with this situation?

I'm not a child molester you pompous ignorant immature jackass. We're in love, find a way to comprehend that.

As I stated your looking at 15 - 20 in prisons and being bubba's Biatch. Furthermore if Mom or Dad say no its no end story. do you want your life ruined just so you can pork some kid and be labled a pedophile and forever register as sex offender?

I'm not "porking" anybody. Are you serious? How can you be on a site like this and be so immature? Like I said, we're planning on getting married in a few years, if you saw us together you would change your view. So she's a few years younger, does that really matter? Really? Not if you're planning on a lifetime of happiness. I'm a good guy, who is going places, once her parents see that in the future, I think they will accept me and like me.

My plan was to wait until she is 16 if even then. She mentioned it to me, so I wanted to know what the law said that's all.

I'm not "porking" anybody. Are you serious? How can you be on a site like this and be so immature? Like I said, we're planning on getting married in a few years, if you saw us together you would change your view. So she's a few years younger, does that really matter? Really? Not if you're planning on a lifetime of happiness. I'm a good guy, who is going places, once her parents see that in the future, I think they will accept me and like me.

If you are a good guy, you would leave children alone.:no:

AOC means squat if parents say no! They can get a protective order and if you make any contact with her you go to jail. furthermore unless its too late any txting, calls, emails, chat etc etc are even the slightest sexual you can be up on federal charges. For your own safety and well being leave this girl alone!

I don't know what your problem is. You guys keep saying "child". It's only four years. I love this girl, in 10 years, it'll be 29 and 25 will it matter then? what about 20 years? 39 and 35? I don't think so. It's amazing how immature and shortsighted people can be. If the right thing to do is to wait, which I think it is, then we will. That simple. You people think relationships are all about sex? It's not, grow up, seriously.

Thanks jacksgal for giving mature conversation, and trying to see my situation. I respect your opinion. Honestly, I think the parents thing will blow over eventually, I really do. I want them to like me.

You came here requesting advice on legal matter. Those answers and consequences were give to you. If you choose to risk those consequences thats on you. You know the risk and likely outcome. Your arguement over your alledged feelings does not change the law. If you choose to act on your love/lust you risk prison and lifetime regisreation as sex offender (if you survive prison) Your shooting the messengers here. We did not make the laws

I don't know what your problem is. You guys keep saying "child". It's only four years. I love this girl, in 10 years, it'll be 29 and 25 will it matter then? what about 20 years? 39 and 35? I don't think so. It's amazing how immature and shortsighted people can be. If the right thing to do is to wait, which I think it is, then we will. That simple. You people think relationships are all about sex? It's not, grow up, seriously.

Regardless of how you phrase it, she is a child now...and that is what is important.

I understand that, and I'm not shooting the messengers, I know you didn't make the laws. It's just the way you went about saying it, that's what bothers me about people. You say you're with a girl that's younger and you get all kinds of words stereotypes thrown at you. A little respect is all I was asking for, it's not lust either, it's love. I would wait for this girl until marriage if that's what she wanted, but she came to me about sex, so I wanted to put the question out there, that's why I'm here. Thanks for all your help.

I understand that, and I'm not shooting the messengers, I know you didn't make the laws. It's just the way you went about saying it, that's what bothers me about people. You say you're with a girl that's younger and you get all kinds of words stereotypes thrown at you. A little respect is all I was asking for, it's not lust either, it's love. I would wait for this girl until marriage if that's what she wanted, but she came to me about sex, so I wanted to put the question out there, that's why I'm here. Thanks for all your help.

The child cannot consent.

Period.

End of story.

Even if.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back