age discrimintion in need of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamehrns

i have an appointment tomorrow with the EEOC office about a age discrimination done at work. the situation was that as we were working people would talk on their cell phones as well. i was one of few older people there and people were on their phone as mine began to ring i took the call and the supervisor asked me to take the call outside and i did. after my call was over i was upset to comeback and see the younger employees still talkin on there phones. i asked my manager if i could speak with him for a moment and he said yes and we went into another room. i asked why was i being treated differently from the other employees and he replied "it's because you're older". "The younger ones wont do what i tell them, but i know you will". so i am going up to the EEOC office tomorrow to finish my claim and just trying to see if i should go through them or a lawyer. please help!

i guess i just felt offended by the comment emotionally. it was uncalled for especially from management.

i am 55

Why did you make the claim in the first place?

I'm sorry, but I see no valid claim of illegal discrimination here.

Agree, I'm not seeing any damages here. Yes, it was an uncalled for comment. But it appears you have not been the subject of any adverse employment action because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back