African mother. German Father in hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny_C

My partner who is a Kenyan citizen, lives with me in Ireland. She has a 10 year old son from a relationship she had with a German guy many years ago. Her family in Kenya are currently minding her son while she sends money to support him from her work in Ireland. The father initially supported her during her pregnancy but then cut off all contact and abandoned her and has never even seen his son. We assume he still lives in Germany but a letter from his sister earlier this year claimed that he died some time ago. Naturally, we are skeptical about this...

My question is, whether he is alive or dead, what can we do to seek some child support from the father or his estate? Also, what is the simplest way to establish whether he is actually alive or dead?

My understanding is that the guys family would be reasonably well off with an established business in Germany.

Any suggestions, help or guidance would be welcome.

Vinny C

First, you need to find the guy.

Unless paternity was established, she probably has no rights to the estate.

You would be best to see a German attorney on this.

Unless paternity was established, she probably has no rights to the estate.

You would be best to see a German attorney on this.

Thanks for that. The father is named on the child's birth cert but that probably doesnt establish paternity. I need to check if he ever signed anything.

Any thoughts on how / where to find a good Greman paternity attorney?

Q: Any thoughts on how / where to find a good Greman paternity attorney?

A: Start with a telephone and a telephone book (if you speak German). If you don't then go to the German embassy and ask for the German bar association's address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back