Advice! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetslm75

My jurisdiction is: Maine USA
Hi, my fiancee and I are dealing with a very bitter woman, he has to give her 300$ a week for child support and alimony, now the child support we have no problems with it's the alimony that bother's us, for a woman that has a full time job and has 2 degrees and for some reason HAS managed to get food stamps and fuel assistance when she's making a lot more than people that do need the help. At the divorce hearing she said to the judge that she couldn't work more than 2 days a week because she was unstable. She got her alimony, a week later she was working full time... she couldn't afford paying her jeep, he gave her his truck that was almost paid for she agreed, 2 days later she bought a brand new car...

We can't petition because she made sure to wave the appeal. So we can't go about it that way. that's besides the fact that he gave her over 10 000$ just in July and she has asked him to fill out a form for fuel assistance, which she had plenty of money, and the fact she still gets food stamps and help for their daughter in school where she doesn't pay her lunches because the state does, i don't know she has lied and stolen from the system and she needs to get caught but how to go about to get that done without having us being pin pointed at?

This is an issue between the formerly married couple only.

I have no idea if you can report her for fraud anonymously. I do know that her ex agreed to the terms of the marital settlement, so there's not much he can do about that now.

Since you stated that he "gave" her $10,000 in July, I will assume that either that was the court-ordered settlement from their divorce, or he is very generous. If it's the former, then he didn't "give" her anything. That was her legal share of the marital assets. If it was the latter, then it appears that he doesn't have a problem with his ex or he wouldn't be giving her money.

the reason is, she manipulated the system to get her way so she would get all, everything... which is not right... plus she is the one that asked for the divorce not him, and HE had to pay for her lawyer...and he was forced to sell his house which was an inheritance which she had no title over, he got everything taken away from him and she still wants more...

Last edited:
Okay, but there isn't much he can do about it now. The divorce is final. He doesn't have to give her any more money than that specified in the court order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back