Medical Malpractice Advice On Medical Negligence Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

eileenn

Suffolk County NY

A couple of years ago I was at a dr office getting an MRI and I fell off of the MRI table unassisted whn getting down. I hurt my shoulder (left) really bad and have since undergone one surgery for it along with multiple physical therapies, pain mgt, and a host of dr visits. My initial lawyer was terrible and did not want the case obviously so I switched to a new firm. It has been about a year and a half with them.

I have already turned down 1 offer for 75,000 from the insurance company.
Now they are saying that was a good offer for suffolk county, my question is how long will this drag out, should I expect to go to court?

Anyone's advice would be welcomed, thanks.

Eileen

Suffolk County NY

A couple of years ago I was at a dr office getting an MRI and I fell off of the MRI table unassisted whn getting down. I hurt my shoulder (left) really bad and have since undergone one surgery for it along with multiple physical therapies, pain mgt, and a host of dr visits. My initial lawyer was terrible and did not want the case obviously so I switched to a new firm. It has been about a year and a half with them.

I have already turned down 1 offer for 75,000 from the insurance company.
Now they are saying that was a good offer for suffolk county, my question is how long will this drag out, should I expect to go to court?

Anyone's advice would be welcomed, thanks.

Eileen

Yours isn't a medical malpractice or even medical negligence lawsuit.

To you, its very important.

In the scope of other cases, its a garden variety personal injury case.

Sure, you might want more, but $75,000 is a pretty good offer.

With a little effort on the part of your attorney, it might be worth $125,000.

Insurance companies usually low-ball you, and their offers come in around 60-75% of what they are willing to pay.

Be wary of the SOL, however.

If yours is truly a personal injury lawsuit (your lawyer should know best), the statute of limitations is three years in NY.

You're fast approaching that time.

Remember, if you want to increase the value of a personal injury lawsuit, be prepared to make lots of visits to medical practitioners and hospital emergency rooms!

If you haven't been making two to three office visits a week, and one hospital visit a month (as a minimum) over the last two years, you've reduced the potential value of your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back