Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy7484

My first question is when I plan to go back to court to try to terminate my Exs rights to my twins, is keeping a list of all the dates that he shows going to help me show he never comes around? I think that him not comming around is mentally and physically hard for me and my kids to even try to open up and have a dad relationship. I think it would hurt my kids...i am wanting to know every inch of what to do so i can save my kids the pain that i am going threw. He left me and the kids before i gave birth and retured one day after 0 months to try to be a dad and hardly ever shows up....there has to be a lwyer or some way to get the court to see that the mentally and phyiscal is too much. my kids are 18 months and my ex is living and dating his 1St ex wifes little sister who he has a 4 yr old with the 1st Ex wife. It is jerry springer...and no way is that a healthy enviroment for my children. He also has in the divorce papers that he does not want my kids until theyturn 5 yrs old and then he wants them 1 night very other weekend......what kind of father is that? I live in Texas so any help to save my kids would be great.

Kristy

Very confusing post.

Does he currently have any visitation rights? If so, what are they?
Are you also saying that he was granted overnight visitation, but only after the twins turn 5?
Does he pay child support?

Although in some cases it is possible to terminate parental rights in Texas, it is by no means easy. In fact, it will probably be a long and protracted process, and I don't think you've provided enough justification for termination, especially since your twins are only 18 months. If he shows up at all, even if it's only every 3 months, then it will be difficult to show extreme parental disinterest or abandonment.

The facty you are not re-married it is going to be VERY hard to terminate. Not sure if it's even possible. In most cases it is not in the childs best interest to leave them with no legal Dad. Plus it will then allow you to go on tax payer assistance and the gov't cannot go after Dad then to collect the money. Because Dad is dating his ex's sister doesn;t mean he is not fit to be a dad. Sure really bad judgement but he is not required to use his visits or live a moral life.

Go to church in your area and talk to a priest or a pastor for help and advice. They may even help you if you can't shoulder alone the responsibility to raise your kids. They may even have members, who are lawyers or know a lawyer that can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back