Adultery

Lilleydad

Jurisdiction
Maryland
Been married for 10 years have 4 kids together and I cheated years ago!
Now my wife is and got pregnant and misscarried it's not mine and she leaves me and the kids for 2-3 days a week and stays with boyfriend..
Since I did it in the past will it cancel out?

"Cancel out" in what way?

Neither of you can use the other's cheating as an advantage, if that is what you mean.

The law really doesn't care who cheated on who or how many times. The only thing you can "do about it" is get a divorce.

Since I did it in the past that makes it ok by law for her to do it.
I can't do nothing about it!?

Tit for tat, this for that hurts both of you.

You have three choices:

Seek marital counseling
Seek a divorce
Keep dishing out oodles of revenge

Adultery has no legal significance in the 21st century, unless you're active duty military and have been charged under the UCMJ, even there the charge isn't specific, it's rather obtuse and oblique; albeit real.

Tit for tat, this for that hurts both of you.

You have three choices:

Seek marital counseling
Seek a divorce
Keep dishing out oodles of revenge

Adultery has no legal significance in the 21st century, unless you're active duty military and have been charged under the UCMJ, even there the charge isn't specific, it's rather obtuse and oblique; albeit real.
Thanks for the reply!!

Its very clear your marriage has issues. Its up to the two of you to decide if you want to try to save it. If yes then pursue that if not then begin Divorce process.

it's not mine

Are you talking about the miscarried fetus? Was a paternity test done before it was discarded as medical waste?

Since I did it in the past will it cancel out?

Cancel out?

Are you planning on divorcing your wife?

Does your wife know about your adultery?

If you're planning on divorcing, I suggest you discuss with your divorce attorney if and how each of your adulterous relationships will impact things. It's possible that they'll have no effect, but it's also possible that things could work to your advantage. The statement in the first response that adultery no longer has any legal relevance is erroneous.

In your state, it is going to have very little relevance in this situation. It does allow you to file for divorce without the more common "one year separation" period. If you are thinking it will help with you getting custody or paying less in child support, you are mistaken. There are other factors which might influence that but adultery alone will not. Just for the record, your spouse could use your past infidelity as grounds to file for divorce immediately as well.

Back