adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhcristina

I am going to be giving birth to my son in one month. The father has not been involved at all, and I am not planning on placing his name on the birth certificate. The father was both abusive towards me and abusive with drugs and alcohol. So the fact he has disappeared is for the best. There was an agreement between the father and I signed in the very beginning, however my lawyer said that if he has disappeared and I am relieving him of his rights there is no further documentation I need to sign regarding that. My lawyer said that since I am not going to proceed with child support or anything in the agreement than just proceed in a normal manner as if he was never involved at all. My current boyfriend wants to adopt my son at some point early on. What are the legal laws about adoption, if there is not a fathers name placed on the birth certificate? The birth certificate will have just my name on it and my son will be taking my last name as well.

Last edited:
Your boyfriend cannot do anything until you mare married. The bio fahters rights will still have to be severed. Be advised, the bio dad can always file a paternity motion and you will have to comply. There really is no way to legally eliminate him from the picture because in order to adopt the bio dads rights will still have to be severed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back