Admission and Interrogatories to Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderkos

I am in the middle of sending out admission requests and interrogatories. Can these be sent only to parties of the action named on the lawsuit or can they be sent to persons you plan to call to a deposition as a witness. In other words, employees of a partnership I am suing and the partners themselves by name. The opposing counsel has already said he would accept service. I am acting in Pro Per.

Thank You
Michael

Non-party; Subpuena!

Requests for admissions and interrogatories can only be directed at the parties to the lawsuit. You can obtain information from a non-party only by way of a "deposition subpoena" to conduct an "oral deposition," a "written deposition," or a "deposition for production of business records or things."

fredrikklaw

Thank You,
Can a written deposition be done if the witness is local or only long distance from the place of jurisdiction. How would I go about preparing a written deposition. I assume it would be on pleading paper with all case information. Would it need a introduction and would it have a limit to the number of questions?
Thank you
Michael

What you are describing is an interrogatory, not a deposition.

A deposition, such as you're indicating would require a transcript.

A depostion is taken under oath.

People are deposed in person, not via correspondence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back