administrative leave with pay

C

ckliesman

Jurisdiction
Missouri
can my boss legally send an email to 19 other school districts telling them why i was put on administrative leave?

"Generally" yes. How do you know an e-mail was sent to 19 other school districts? Did you apply to any of these school districts? Did any of the school districts call your boss/employer for a reference?

can my boss legally send an email to 19 other school districts telling them why i was put on administrative leave?

In SOME states a school district is mandated to notify other districts especially if the safety of children could be compromised by your actions.

In SOME states, a credentialed employee's alleged misdeeds can mean their state license is suspended upon being accused of certain actions.

Are you a credentialed employee?
Do you hold a state license?

With very, very rare exceptions, your boss can take out a billboard on the interstate telling the world why you were put on administrative leave. Unless the reason is medical or there is a legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA that expressly and in so many words says that he cannot, the odds are very good that he can.

Back