adivce on where to go from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndid18

I left a job on 9/16 and have yet to receive a final paycheck. Why did I leave? other than being bullied and singled out, the last day I was there my ex-boss and the rest of the staff (myself included) had a conversation-to me he said "we will be dressing better around here soon-where I replied I think it is a great idea-(was my idea 2 years prior to go business casual even though we had no true foot traffic in our building)-he said yea and I am going to take you to get a makeover -then he brushed his fingers thru his temple-I replied I earned all my gray hairs-I have battled gray hair for 20 years and I am tired of battling the box and so I decided to see where the gray takes me-he replied well it looks unprofessional-I told him "I will wear makeup-wear my hair down and styled-even dress business casual but my hair color is my choice"-he replied well it is unprofessional. I went back to my office (2 doors away) and they all laughed. Now keep in mind this was played out in front of the office. I was 100% commission and would get paid when they got paid-but I called the Labor dept and they said that goes out the window when people/employers separate. He is shady and vindictive and going thru a nasty divorce where he is hiding his money so I know my paycheck has been pocketed. what can I do? I have my resignation letter and kept great notes of the issues I had. Is there anything I can do??? I want what is owed me but at this point his ignoring the fact he owes me and the humiliation is gnawing at me. I need advice

I was told if I go thru the labor board they can only go after them for minimum hourly wage for the hours I worked-

That's all your legally entitled to...whatever it is that you worked at the agreed-upon rate.

That is correct with the federal DOL. That is not true with a small claims action.

What I recommend is that you send a certified, return receipt requested, letter to the employer, demanding your pay within XX days (say 7) or you will have no choice but to file a court action. Maybe that will shake it loose.

I did that the letter that is but the company policy is not to accept any certified letters so i sent one to the office and one to his home. My agreed salary was 25% of the gross profit of all sales. I had 32k in sales -now what that means in profit i do not know as I didnt have the ability to see that part of it -Quickbooks has administrative settings-

no inside sales-and although we had meetings where the % we made changed regularly (I started at 50%) I ended at 25% GP-

My ex employer is a shady person-he is a nasty divorce where he has spent the better part of a year and a half hiding his money from his wife's lawyer. He was denied a business loan this year because he has made sure his "money" account shows low funds and has shifted sales results to show he has made very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back