ADA compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mthjlp

My boyfriend suffered a stroke on July 29. He is currently on FMLA until the end of October.
He has been cleared to work PT (computer-only stuff), and typically worked out of our house when he was not on the road for work. His employer is based out of Phoenix AZ, but they have techs all over the country that work for them.
Anyway, his employer says they cannot accomodate him doing PT computer work from our house, even though there is plenty he could do to help the other techs.
They said in an email that basically because he doesn't work in the Arizona office that they can't accomodate him.
So the way we read it, is, if he lived in Arizona and could go into the office, they would accomodate him.
Isn't that discrimination? If they allowed him to work out of our house for over 4 years, why now the change?

Your argument sounds reasonable to me. I would find an attorney that specializes in employment.

No, just a flat out no, sorry, we cannot accomodate part-time work for you...basically because that would set precendent...what they do for one, they'd have to do for all...

If they actually made an offer to let him work in that office, then you have no case, but if that offer was not made, then talk to an attorney.

there was no offer made for him to work out of the AZ office, as we live in MN.
We can't afford to pay a retainer or an hourly rate to an atty, as we are down to just income now and have a house payment, as well as two car payments. Do most atty's work on a contingency fee?

yes, a lot of employment law atty's work on contingency fee

you can do an internet search for your city or county and 'employment law attorney' or lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back