accused of stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

penpen

i am working in this company for 12 yrs..never get in trouble ecept minor ones,,,one day i was working,,, i decided to get change for the next cashier,,, i took 40 dollars from my register to get rolls of quarters,,, went to the office got 2 rolls of quarters instead of 4 ,, went back to my register and put the 2 rolls of quarters and the 20 dollar bill,,, after 30 minutes or so,, my manager came and get me and took me to the security room,,, there,, they showed me putting the 2 rolls of quarters but it dont show the 20 i put back,,, they accused of stealing the 20 dollar,, i said,, i put it back,, they said ,, they dont see it,,, they dont show iether in the video that i pocketed the 20 dollar,,,, they want me to confess , but i didnt ,, i told them , i dont confess if i didnt do it,,,they were already interrogating me before they count my register,,, finally count my register , nothing is missing,, all the money was there,,, well ,, i am 8 dollars over ,, thats because our system went off line,,,,, so,, if im being accused of stealing 20 dollars,, and im 8 dollars over my register,, what is that meant to them? cops was called,, i was charge with larceny,,i never had a bad record since i live here in the u.s,,,, i was handcuffs and brought to the police station,,, what is my rights,,, should i hire a lawyer,, or just go to my union?,, help me ,, dont know what to do,, but i want to keep my job,,

Start with your union. You can always call a lawyer later if your union can't help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back