Accused of saying racial slurs

Papantla

My insurance company offers a promotion in which you get between 300 to 700 dollars extra if you get a physical before May 20th. My husband received an email from a coworker saying that if we called the insurance company we could get an adicional 20 days.

I called the company and the representative and he told me I couldn't get the extension. I then asked for a supervisor who became belligerent- and threatened to call the company where my husband work to report me. They called my husbands company saying that I was rude and I had called them racial slurs. Nothing is true and the call was recorded- is there something I can do.
First- they called me a racist and second they were threatening my husbands job- is there something I can do against these individuals?

Last edited by a moderator:
My insurance company offers a promotion in which you get between 300 to 700 dollars extra if you get a physical before May 20th. My husband received an email from a coworker saying that if we called the insurance company we could get an adicional 20 days.

I called the company and the representative and he told me I couldn't get the extension. I then asked for a supervisor who became belligerent- and threatened to call the company where my husband work to report me. They called my husbands company saying that I was rude and I had called them racial slurs. Nothing is true and the call was recorded- is there something I can do.
First- they called me a racist and second they were threatening my husbands job- is there something I can do against these individuals?

Yes, you should learn not become angry when on the telephone.

If its untrue, you have nothing to worry about.

After all, the "recording" will prove you're telling the TRUTH, right?

Agree, let it go. You "might" have already caused problems for your husband.

Back