Accused of neglect, daughters father requesting a trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlypardee

I currently have primary residence, joint physical custody of our daughter. In July 2012, I had our daughter emergency removed through Ex parte because her father was constantly away on business. Now that he is home, he wants her back there. He filed a motion for custody and claim for trial list claiming I am neglectful. I am of course nervous and not sure if I should be or how I should pursue this matter. He offered me a custody agreement which i denied. When we spoke with the mediator last week, she told him his allegations were not solid and that is why he is requesting a trial for next wednesday, December 19th. His allegations are im forgetful, (i forget things on occassion but never forget to get my daughter. Just the fact, I have to be reminded of games, concerts and appts.) I am financial struggling (the mediator told him it is not a crime to be poor) I have a few glasses of wine after work (i never get drunk, leave our daughter or become unable to care for her) Our daughter told a counselor all this and she wrote a letter to the court which i was told by the mediator its inadmissable...is this true? Should I be worried. I can not financial hire a lawyer and already tried legal aid.

Thank you for your time

There are procedure to admit evidence into a case. You cannot just send documents to Judge or walk into court with stuff. Contact court or local Attorney (many offer free consultations) to find out how to submit evidence in complaince with court criteria

You desperately need to hire a lawyer.

If you try to do this without one, you will be steamrolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back