Accused of illegal return and habitual taking of unpaid merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SCanny

Can an employer accuse me of an illegal return when I was not there during the ringing of the whole purchase? I returned shirt I assumed I paid for----return associate never mentioned there was a problem and just said they will send check since right size not in stock. Now I am accused most likely having a habitual habit of taking unpaid merchandise and in addition to doing a $13.07 illegal return... Employer has never presented video of any of this occurring other than I did dumbly leave through employee entrance which is under surveillance and showed no ill intent. I am in charge of merchandising/securing the store's top four most expensive categories. Never had a problem, been given complements and take secure placement very seriously. Now I am suspended. I put in an application for promotion five days earlier. LP's investigation has probably blown this. Please advise.

Obviously he can because he did.

If your question is, did he violate any laws by doing so, no, he did not. Sometimes people are mistaken. That doesn't give you legal recourse.

Yes, he can accuse you. Apparently he honestly believed it was an illegal return.

Can an employer accuse me of an illegal return when I was not there during the ringing of the whole purchase? I returned shirt I assumed I paid for----return associate never mentioned there was a problem and just said they will send check since right size not in stock. Now I am accused most likely having a habitual habit of taking unpaid merchandise and in addition to doing a $13.07 illegal return... Employer has never presented video of any of this occurring other than I did dumbly leave through employee entrance which is under surveillance and showed no ill intent. I am in charge of merchandising/securing the store's top four most expensive categories. Never had a problem, been given complements and take secure placement very seriously. Now I am suspended. I put in an application for promotion five days earlier. LP's investigation has probably blown this. Please advise.

Okay, time to SHUT UP. No one will believe your explanation. BLABBING only hurts you, so SHUT UP and wait. You might want to see a lawyer. For your own sake, don't discuss this with anyone but your lawyer.

Forget the lousy job, your life,the rest of your life is at great peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back