Accounting Clerk II or General Bindery worker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZimVader

I've been working as a general bindery worker for almost two years. The accounting clerk left in May. Since then, I have performed the tasks and responsibilities required for the accounting position. I have been told that I will be offered the job (with pay increase). The job was posted (per company policy) for a week in June. It is now September, and I am tired of waiting. It seems that they are not seeking anyone else to fill the position, and they are not paying me for the job I am performing. It has been necessary to work very long hours to remove a large backlog of work in the accounting area. I was paid overtime, but at a rate that is much less than I would have earned at the accounting clerk pay rate (non-exempt). Our organization has procedures in place to report ethics violations (such as workers/departments closing early, bosses using employees to run errands & have their cars washed, etc.). Should I report this as an ethics violation? Is this one? While I wait and earn less than anyone in our organization who performs these same duties, I am also denied tuition reimbursement. Tuition reimbursement is available to an employee in the accounting department. Bindery department is not eligible. I will be required to work a year in accounting before being able to qualify for tuition reimbursement. In the past year, I have been named SuperStar for April 2008 for my assistance in billing compliance. I have also earned 3 Employee of the Month Awards. Both awards came with cash bonuses. I would like to know the best way to handle this situation. Do I have any rights or recourse? The shop where I work is owned by a very large, well-known corporation. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back