accident at birthday party

Status
Not open for further replies.

alitor

My jurisdiction is: illinois

my 14 year old son was involved in a game of tag at a birthday party 3-4 months ago. There were 4-5 boys running around in a pitch black yard at 900pm. One off the boys tripped and fell on a pitching net and broke his two front teeth off resulting in costly dental bills (no insurance). The night I picked up my son and his friend I was told this was an accident and I never heard another word about it. Now...12 weeks later I get a phone call from the injured's father stating my son threw the net at him and caused the injury. My son says he did not. The homeowners never contacted me to discuss any off this with me or to tell me my son caused a problem. Now 12 weeks later they are trying to accuse my kid. The homeowners are refusing to file a claim on their homeowners policy claiming they are not responsible because it was my kids fault. HELP!!!! (The kid that was injured does not live at the house where the party was either)

Are the homeowners saying it was your kid? What's the evidence against him? How big was this net that was allegedly thrown at the injured kid? Were they playing a game that that might have been part of? You might want to contact the parents of the other children there to see what the story is. Unless there is proof to satisfy you that he's responsible, I'd refuse to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back