Absence of Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfs26

Is there a way I could complain my employer to the Department of Labor in the absence of contract?

I am working with my employer for 3 mos now and they still haven't send me my contract. I am a consultant on a project basis and on H1b visa. I transfered to Company B last July and they took care of my H1b transfer.

I haven't meet my employer, we only communicate to email and phone calls. They email me initially that I will be paid for the holidays and they will give me health insurance, but 3 mos have past and they did not file for my insurance and they are not paying for my holiday pay. They haven't send me the contract so I am afraid I have no way of complaining. They send me a copy of my NOA with my latest I94, however looks like they did not file for my dependents.

I keep on sending emails but they don't answer these concerns.

What should I do?

Send your employer a certified letter in the mail asking them for your contract stipulating all the items you have negotiated with them. If no immediate action from their part, file a complaint with the Department of Labor in your state. Consider consulting with a labor attorney/employment attorney too. Hope this helps!

There are only 2 things on the email, like Paid holiday and filing of health insurance.. I am a little worried that if I put this 2 on a certified letter and all the other benefits like shouldered filing of green card, increase, bench pay will not be covered.

What pissed me off with my current employer is that they give me contact numbers to call to address my concerns however it end up always on a voicemail. These people are working in India(going back and forth) and I believe the owner itself and some friends do the administration as well.

Its a very small company and I feel sorry that I immediately transfer to them without investigating first.

Then you cannot have it both ways. You either go ahead and make them aware of your requests or you continue to be held hostage by their lack of communication. Eventually, you will have to make a decision. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back