? about applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

gina68

I was fired from my last job I had worked their for 18 years I feel that it was a wrongful termination. I am trying to resolve in a legal matter as of now. My question in CA I know that when a new employer gets a reference check they are only suppose to say how many years you worked for them but why on most applications which are done on line ask questions like would your prev employer hire you back If you answer no you can't explain that does not seem right. I was told in a mediation meeting to lie on those kind of questions but if you lie on the application and get the job and they find out later down the line can't you be fired for liying? What are you suppose to do?

There is no law in any state, including California, that limits an employer to dates of employment. That is a myth. A commonly believed myth, but a myth nonetheless.

Anyone who advises you to lie on your application is misguided to say the least. It is much better to answer all questions truthfully and, if the answer is negative, to provide an explanation. Always better to be able to put your own spin on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back