Abandoned foreign military wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

meztiza5050

I am in need of some assistance. My mother has a friend in the Philippines who is married to an active Army soldier who was last stationed in Korea. The young lady has two children with him. She accompanied him to Korea and then left Korea to go back home in the P.I. He said he will come back for her, etc. It has been 3yrs now. She has her military dependent card for her and her two kids and has his ssn# she isn't able to locate him. First of all, there is a language barrier and her resources are limited to none because, she is a foreigner. She is very naive as to who is Commanding Officer is or exactly where in Korea he was last stationed. I was able to contact the local VA here in my home town in the US. and was told he is getting all the BAH, etc. and that she needs to contact the CO. However, she doesn't know the name of his CO. The only thing this young gal has is his family's home number in the states and when she calls that number they refuse to talk to her. What can she do? She is poor and makes $5 a day, while this guy isn't doing anything to step up to take care of his responsibility. What other route can we do to help her since, I am an American and live here in the States, as to where she is poor and barely surviving without any assistance there in the Philippines?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back