ABANDONED CHILD

txls

Jurisdiction
Texas
If a friend left a child at your house "for a few days" then disappeared for two weeks. What would you do? The mother has not shown up for work, her adult daughter doesn't know where she is, and she did not have custody. An aunt and uncle, supposedly have custody. This is my step-son who tells me "we've sort of adopted her." I think he needs to call CPS.

If a friend left a child at your house "for a few days" then disappeared for two weeks. What would you do? The mother has not shown up for work, her adult daughter doesn't know where she is, and she did not have custody. An aunt and uncle, supposedly have custody. This is my step-son who tells me "we've sort of adopted her." I think he needs to call CPS.

You call CPS, or your local law enforcement agency.

Someone should have done that after the first day passed and the mother was nowhere to be found.

Your stepson can believe whatever he wishes.

Others might say he's kidnapped the kid.

Call the police, ASAP.

And honestly I don't care if he gets himself in trouble, but he has other children that he can't fully take care of and if he goes to jail, guess who gets to take them in?

And honestly I don't care if he gets himself in trouble, but he has other children that he can't fully take care of and if he goes to jail, guess who gets to take them in?

Yes, their mistakes often cost innocents far more than they cost themselves.

Back