A past accident

Aerisaki

Jurisdiction
Washington
Almost 3 years ago i was hit on my way to school by a hummer at an intersection that supposedly didnt work. Now almost 3 years later im finally 18 and am able to pursue this. I was hospitalized with my roght side broken, left sode fractured and a major brain injury as well as multiple other problems. All but my brain has healed and because of that i can jot work full time nor can i pursue any physical demanding jobs, my dream of joining the military is also much farther aqay because of this. Feom what i was told by my parents friend, if i take 65-18×40k, where 65 is the age of standard retirement, 18 is my current age, and 40k is the standard yearly income, i should be able to sue the city for 1,880,000. I recieved a settlement for 18k, but i keep getting told i was screwed over because of the extent of damage that was done. However my question is can i still pursue it? I was 16 at the time of the accident on October 6th, 2016 And therefore not held responsible. Is it too late for me to take action now?

However my question is can i still pursue it?

Maybe, if your parents, guardians didn't pursue it at the time you were a minor.

That said, I suggest you speak with a couple local personal injury lawyers and see what you can learn.

When you visit the attorneys take all the documentation you possess to help the lawyer determine what rights you have today as an adult.

Bottom line, this is far too complicated for a precise answer via the internet.
I recieved a settlement for 18k, but i keep getting told i was screwed over because of the extent of damage that was done.

This why you need to visit a a few personal injury lawyers in your county.

Good luck.

It's possible that the settlement can be invalidated because you were a minor at the time.

Consult a personal injury attorney ASAP.

And this is important: Make sure he/she has experience in SUCCESSFULY suing a government entity.

Back