Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 647(F) PC Disorderly Conduct: Intox

Status
Not open for further replies.

tb0503

I was drunk with my friend in Alameda County Ca. on a Saturday night and we left a bar to walk home. A policeman stopped us and ask if we were drunk. I said what do you think we just left a bar and why was he f______ with us. He arrested me and I was charged with Disorderly conduct: Intox. 647(f) PC. I am 26 a recent college graduate and have a clean record. I know I was wrong. What can I expect on my court date and should I hire a lawyer. This was not my usual action and wish I could have that night back. But there is no do over. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

I was drunk with my friend in Alameda County Ca. on a Saturday night and we left a bar to walk home. A policeman stopped us and ask if we were drunk. I said what do you think we just left a bar and why was he f______ with us. He arrested me and I was charged with Disorderly conduct: Intox. 647(f) PC. I am 26 a recent college graduate and have a clean record. I know I was wrong. What can I expect on my court date and should I hire a lawyer. This was not my usual action and wish I could have that night back. But there is no do over. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

By all means, hire a lawyer. You don't want any conviction on your pristine record. Plead not guilty in court, and ask the court to allow you time to hire a lawyer. Make no statements about this, other than to provide your name, address, date of birth, and other contact information.

If you can't afford a lawyer, ask the court to appoint one to represent your interests.

If you're patient and smart, a lawyer can minimize the damage this will cause you. If you're really lucky, this can even be wiped away.

You may have been arrested because of your attitude toward the officer. Do what you can to fight the charge. To be found guilty of 647f the prosecution must show that you were intoxicated and unable to care for your own safety or the safety of others.
Was your friend arrested too? If not, that may help you.
It its not illegal to be drunk in public- it is only illegal if you are in such a condition that you can't care for yourself. Make the officer explain how you were a danger to yourself and others as you and your friend walked home.

Thank you. I will be looking for a lawyer. And my friend was also cuffed but he let him go and arrested me.

Last edited:
Many of these arrests are considered resolved by the arrest and never pursued by the DA. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you at or about the time of arraignment. And, you may find that at the arraignment, the DA will choose not to pursue the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back