I am a tile contractor and I was hired to remove the existing tile and underlayment from a shower in the homeowners master bath. I replaced the underlayment, waterproofed it, re-tiled the shower, and then sealed it. I accompanied the homeowner to a local tile retail store and advised him on products. He purchased the products through the tile shop and I helped him deliver them to his house. 6 months later it is evident one of the products failed as the grout lines are separating and causing leaking. I used the products they(tile retail) supplied to install the products. A tile retail shop rep came out and examined the shower and announced that the problem was caused because the pan wasn't slopped enough and they wouldn't cover anything. However, I did not replace the concrete pan nor the plumbing as there was no evidence this was a problem in the previous shower. I also contacted my business insurance and they claim they can not cover "my work" they only cover if i damage something in the homeowners house and they wont cover anything. What should I do?

kyle

You can make it right, if you believe its your fault.

If you take issue with being at fault, tell the client we'll need to settle this in court.

In the meantime, you might want to talk to a couple local lawyers.

Back