3 yr old stone throwing (alleged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderfrommars

My 3 yr old son was in my back garden, I was in my front garden dealing with a caller. My neighbour's daughter accused my son of throing 2 stones over our 6 ft gate and hitting and damaging their car on both occassions. After a 'heated discussion' I apologised even though nobody had seen him throw the stones. The male car owner said that it would cost £100 to sort out the dents and chips on their bonnet. I explained that I do not habve that sort of money, but after continued arguing reluctantly agreed to pay. The female car owner said she will get a quote. After further discussion and a few choice words from the male car owner they drove away. Am I under any legal obligation to pay????

My 3 yr old son was in my back garden, I was in my front garden dealing with a caller. My neighbour's daughter accused my son of throing 2 stones over our 6 ft gate and hitting and damaging their car on both occassions. After a 'heated discussion' I apologised even though nobody had seen him throw the stones. The male car owner said that it would cost £100 to sort out the dents and chips on their bonnet. I explained that I do not habve that sort of money, but after continued arguing reluctantly agreed to pay. The female car owner said she will get a quote. After further discussion and a few choice words from the male car owner they drove away. Am I under any legal obligation to pay????

This is a US Law forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back