22 year old at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryl12

[/SIZE]

My husband's son has lived with us since he was six years old, he is now 22, he has tried to get jobs but noone will hire him, he has also enrolled in school but keeps dropping out, he does not pay any rent, utilities, personal items, clothing... nothing if we don't buy it his mother puts money on a debit card for him (she pays for his food, which we cook.) he has absolutely no respect for me or any rules in the house, his father refuses to make him leave the home and everytime I do something he doesn't like he calls the police and tries to have me arrested. What can I do to get him out of my home barring getting a divorce.:confused:

You may have to get a divorce.
You unable to get your husband to hear you.
The kid is a bum.
You can leave anytime you wish.
It would appear that your husband has little interest in supporting you.
You could lure the bum away by offering to pay one month's rent somewhere else, and putting some scraps on another pre-paid debit card.
Once he's out, change the locks and don't allow him back in the house.

Are you using dope in front of this bum?
He seems to have something over you, by threatening to call the police.
Don't answer, just get things right, if they're out of whack.

no I do not use drugs, thanks for your comments

If you do not have the backing of your husband and if you can't take it anymore, I'd say leave. Then when your hubby comes crying back to you, have tell him to make a choice.

Thank You, to those of you who have replied to me, I guess I already knew the answer to the question, but was hoping I would hear something different :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back