20 Year old dating a 15 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

love32

In the state of Pennsylvania, is it legal for a 20 year old male and a 15 year old female to date? I will be turning 16 in about 4 months, and he just turned 20. Is there anything he could get in trouble for? Also, my parents are very against this, he is a very good guy however, they don't like the fact that he is over age. With all do respect I'm not asking these questions to hear from people about what a 20 year old wants with a 15 year old. I have heard this from my whole entire family. I just want some answers on if he could get in any trouble if my mom would happen to go to the police about this, we have stopped talking because we are both afraid of getting into serious legal issues.
Thanks for the help! Would kissing be illegal? Is there any legal way we could be together?

In the state of Pennsylvania, is it legal for a 20 year old male and a 15 year old female to date? I will be turning 16 in about 4 months, and he just turned 20. Is there anything he could get in trouble for? Also, my parents are very against this, he is a very good guy however, they don't like the fact that he is over age. With all do respect I'm not asking these questions to hear from people about what a 20 year old wants with a 15 year old. I have heard this from my whole entire family. I just want some answers on if he could get in any trouble if my mom would happen to go to the police about this, we have stopped talking because we are both afraid of getting into serious legal issues.
Thanks for the help! Would kissing be illegal? Is there any legal way we could be together?

No one on this site has the authority to override your parents.
I suggest you do EXACTLY as your parents instruct.
Yes, a 20 year old can go to PRISON and be branded a SEXUAL DEVIANT for life, if he's stupid or lecherous enough to get involved with a child (minor).

Adults are not allowed to "date" minors.

Yes, that's if "dating" only means bird watching, eating pizza, or picking wild flowers.
Why?
Because, if mom and dad say stay away from "Chile Mo. Lester", "Chile Mo. Lester" can still be in legal trouble for corrupting the morals of a minor, interfering with the parent-child relationship, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, etc...

But, let's be honest for a second. We ALL know that "dating" is simply an euphemism for something more seedy, nefarious, and devilish. I'm not your parent, and nothing you do will bring hurt, harm, or danger to me. All I can say, is if you choose to ignore your parent's admonishment and counsel, troubling times and great difficulties lie ahead.

The minor can also become entangled in the juvenile justice system. But, if the minor were to WAIT until she's 18, she could date a great49, 69, 79, 89, or even a 99 year old male or female; or the 20 year old male who has now turned 22 years old. The law takes no notice of what CONSENTING adults wish to do, or with whom.

Last edited:

Dating is not illegal as long as you're not doing anything you wouldn't do with your grandmother.

That aside, STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

Honey, there is only one reason a 20 year old male gets together with a 15 year old. He's grooming you.

And your parents can cause him endless amounts of legal trouble.

Just remember that he'll dump you as soon as you get "too old" for him and he'll move on to the next minor.

It doesn't matter whether it's legal or not.

Until you are 18, your parents have 100% say over who you are allowed to see. If they say you can't date him, the law is NOT going to override them and tell them they have to allow it. The law will, in fact, back up your parents.

If you really care for him, you will stay away from him. He can get in a lot of trouble "dating" you & against parents' consent.

Dating is not illegal as long as you're not doing anything you wouldn't do with your grandmother.

It can easily be construed as contributing to the delinquency of a minor if it interferes with parenting. It could also lead to restraining orders. Sex is not required for legal trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back