2 mip

MzWorriedSick

Hello,

My son, a freshman at Grand Vally received a MIP in October 1014. He was put on probation and we paid almost 4,000 in bills. On St. Patricks day he was drinking beer in his room and school security came to his room, knocked on the door, the boys opened the door. The boys were playing music and security said it was to loud. It was around 10 at night and my son said it was not that loud Security then gave the boys a test and took my son to jail since he broke his probation. His roommate received a MIP. My son said he had a total of three beers. He has been in jail for eight days and has a court date tomorrow. We also have a Layer. She said he might do more jail time because he broke his probation. How long could he be in jail:(

Hello,

My son, a freshman at Grand Vally received a MIP in October 1014. He was put on probation and we paid almost 4,000 in bills. On St. Patricks day he was drinking beer in his room and school security came to his room, knocked on the door, the boys opened the door. The boys were playing music and security said it was to loud. It was around 10 at night and my son said it was not that loud Security then gave the boys a test and took my son to jail since he broke his probation. His roommate received a MIP. My son said he had a total of three beers. He has been in jail for eight days and has a court date tomorrow. We also have a Layer. She said he might do more jail time because he broke his probation. How long could he be in jail:(

There is no way a stranger unconnected to the debt could know what a michigan court will do. That said, Michigan is struggling for funding these days, so the state is not inclined to lock up (for long) people like your son.

I suggest you get him enrolled in a REAL, inpatient alcohol rehab program. To drink even one beer as a minor is prohibited, but to drink while a minor on probation iun his school dorm, that's a cry for help.

If he's remorseful, informs the court that mom and dad have gotten him enrolled in an in-patient rehab program, apologizes to the court for his errors, and commits to getting help; he'll likely be out back on probation and given credit for time served.

I wish you all well.

Any questions will have to be asked to the lawyer you have.

Back