Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI 2 MIP/ 2 DUI, Can I get my liscense back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie_White

Okay here's the background info, 1st MIP when I was 16, 2nd MIP when I was 18, 1st DUI when I was 20, 2nd infraction which was an OUIL when I was 21, I know it seems horrible, lets just say that I had a lot of idle time and was easily influenced by friends who did not have my best interest at heart. I am now trying to get my liscense back, I go for my urinalysis tomorrow along with my assessment. I then proceed to send all of that and my character reference letters in and wait to hear back if I am approved or not to get my liscense back. What do you think my chances are? Will those MIP's show up on my record? I haven't been in any trouble since 2003 and I have done everything to improve my life. I have excellent letters of character refrence and plenty of examples of the improvements that I have made. Does any of that even matter?

What was the year of your convictions?

What STATE are you in?

Do you have to go in for an interview?

Odds are the MIPs will show on your record. You need to be upfront about them.

Good Luck.

I'm 26 right now so I received an MIP in 1998 and again in 2000 and then my first drunk driving in 2002 and the second in 2003. I live in Big Rapids Michigan, right now they are only requesting that I get the 10 panel urinalysis, alcohol assesment, and the character reference letters. I'm suppose to send them in for an administrative review and if they deny my liscense I have to go in for a video hearing. Do I have a chance?

Was your license revoked or suspended?

If it was revoked, you are supposed to go before the Michigan DLAD (Driver's License Appeals Division).

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1627_8665---,00.html

Sadly, in my opinion, one huge factor they consider is if someone is active in Alcoholics Anonymous.

I would think you have a chance. I'm not sure if the MIPs are an extended factor or new law, but 2 drunk drivings in Michigan = 1 year minimum probation, after which you can apply for a license. If they grant the license, there is a large percentage chance you will have to drive with an ignition interlock for 1 year. Also, you will only be able to drive for employment and aa meetings and such, however not allowed to drive for such things as shopping.

Then, you will have to have a hearing again, go through the exact same thing, for a clean license. There is a chance that since it has been 5 years you can avoid the ignition interlock.

Most people decided to hire an attorney in these situations. There are many criminal defense attorneys that specialize in drunk driving, and have come to also represent clients at these hearings.

Good Luck.

Sorry,

I wrote 1 year minimum probation, I mean to say, You have to wait 1 year until you can appeal your revocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back