18-1501, Idaho Code injury to child

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshurts

My 1 month old son was recently submitted to the hospital on a spiral fracture the left femur. My wife and I, at the hospital, were visited by two men, one from child protective services and the other a detective. We were both questioned about the incident.

In my questioning, I was hounded and hounded until I finally said on a scale of 1 to 10, did I do it, and I said a 10. The detective kept telling me if I did not confess, they would continue the investigation. So I said I did it. My lawyer was not present.

They did let me go home with my wife and my son, and I was told that I could still hold my son. The only restriction was that I had to have someone else in the room, supervising.

They told me later to begin taking a parenting class and an anger management course, which I have since done. I am done with the parenting class, 6 weeks total, and I have been to 4 anger management group sessions since the incident. I have not missed a class.

I have since been booked and released. I spent no time in jail yet.

I am also under supervision from pretrial services. The lady that I check in feels that I will not be seeing jail time.

I have an older son, 3 1/2 years old. I have had no restrictions placed on me with him.

Since the incident, Health and welfare has been to our house twice. Both sessions went very well, and they are very congenial. We have been allowed to keep our children, which is a blessing.

I have no criminal record at all. No previous incidents, no violent past. I don't even have a speeding ticket on my record.

We are a single income family. I am responsible for making a living for my family. I do have a criminal defense lawyer on my side and my pretrial hearing is coming up in march.

He will be working on a plea bargain.

My only question is, will I be seeing jail time or will this be probation.

Please Help!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back