17 yr old in need of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobiography65

I am currently living with my biological father, stepmother, and biological and step sibilings. Things at my house are very strained and me and my family are constantly fighting. I have been diagnosed with depression and I feel that my household is not making things any better. My mother and myself have been talking about going to court and changing the custody order but i have a few questions. Since Im 17 will I have a great deal of trouble in being put in my mothers care? My mother is very loving and caring and is finicially able to support me, and if things happened to turn bad finicially I can help her since i have had a steady job for 3 years now. My father is very aggressive and insensitive, I do not feel I am getting the love and care i deserve here, all my father provides for me is a room to sleep, that is it. I live in Pennsylvania if that is any help.

We do not know the situation in either home outside of what you say here we cannot say. If your Mother want s a change of custody then she must petitiuon court to make that change. Do you know reason you were placed with your Father?

Yes, because my mother at the time did not have a stable place of stay. My mother has always loved and supported me emotionally and finicially where my father is never for me emotionally and has been flaking on my finicial needs as he buys himself motorcycle parts and such. I fight constantly with my new family and my father. I know every teenager fights with their parents, but I just want to be happy and get in a better place. Im constantly depressed and my father has stopped buying my medicine and taking me to therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back