1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

17 year old problems

Discussion in 'Emancipation Law' started by guestpost, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guestpost

guestpost Law Topic Starter New Member

My 17 year old went to visit his grand parents and now he decides he does not want to come home because he gets to run around and so what he wants there. I have tried several times to get them to bring him home and they are comfortable with his decision. I am totally against this but not sure what I can do about it....His fathers decided to quit paying child support about 6 months ago and has never followed the court order about medical bills...his grand parents have not seen him in over three years and have never provided anything in his care.....I am just not sure what I can do.

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

You can go to his grandparent's house, put your kid in the car, and drive home.

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Until he turns 18, he lives where you say.

4. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

If he refuses to get into the car, call the police and report them for harboring a runaway.

5. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Yep. You are not helpless. Be the adult, be in charge, and go get your kid.
    Nobody has any obligation to send him or bring him to you. He is your responsibility.