17 year old in need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vchelsea

I'm 17 years old and I live with my dad, my 2 brothers, my sister, my dads girlfriend, and her 2 children. I am the oldest, the rest are 12,10,8,7 and 1. So we have our hands full.
I know I only have 9 months and Ill be 18, so to just tough it out but I have been trying to do so for 2 years and I don't know how much more I can handle. I would rather not go into any details until I find out if I have any options.
All I want to know is if there is any other way other then being Emancipated that I can move out of my fathers house. If there is anyway I can stay with a family member or a friend if they have a stable home and I continue with my school and work,and so on without having to be put in foster care. My dad does not physical abuse me though I have been hit and smacked on occasions. I am mentally and emotionally abused on a regular basis. No i am not suicidal, nor have I ever had suicidal thoughts.

Yes, with permission you can stay elsewhere, however dad remains responsible for you and isn't likely to agree and probably shouldn't.
Emancipation isn't even worth thinking about. You would be 18 or very near it before all the legalities were sorted out.
Your best bet likely is to stay put. Save up some money so you can afford to move out later.

The post heading sugggests he is in GA. If so, Georgia has recently tightened up their emancipation laws to the point that it is virtually impossible for a minor to be emancipated.

If that's the case, you and your parent(s) could be headed for legal troubles.

That might be considered to be neglect or abandonment, or even child abuse. Parents have an obligation to parent their children. You might want to discuss this with your mother. She and you could be heading into troubled waters. You think it's okay and safe, as does your mom; but the state would see you as a delinquent, an incorrigible, a runaway, or a CHINS. (child in need of services).

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Oh, okay. In my case my mom is trying to move out of state and I'm in my last year of school. I would like to move in with a family member until I graduate and then go off to college, but she wants me to move to Boston with her and my other family members. I really don't want to go, but she is not budging at all :/

Oh, okay. In my case my mom is trying to move out of state and I'm in my last year of school. I would like to move in with a family member until I graduate and then go off to college, but she wants me to move to Boston with her and my other family members. I really don't want to go, but she is not budging at all :/

Here's an idea, Felicia.

It's only one more year.

It'll zip by in no time.

Go with your family, graduate, and investigate colleges in the area you're leaving.

Heck, Boston is great, too.

Lots of history, great museums, sports, and higher education, too. Plus, the restaurants and seafood are outstanding.

Go with the flow, keep the peace, if t doesn't work out; you'll be an adult and can go anywhere your finances permit. The best of luck to you.

Be sure and let us know how you're getting on, I'm betting you'll love it.

Try this song, it's kinda what you're dealing with now.
Go ahead girl, put your records on.
Great lyrics, too:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWQl00LWEwE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=A_D7MloG4pM

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back