17 and pregnant

Keah

Jurisdiction
Florida
Can dcf take my baby away im 17 and pregnant and 36 weeks my mother has an open case on my two sisters but my case has be closed for a year and six months

Can dcf take my baby away im 17 and pregnant and 36 weeks my mother has an open case on my two sisters but my case has be closed for a year and six months

Possibly, if you are abusing Illegal drugs, alcohol, or doing things to harm your baby, USUALLY yes.

If you are 36 weeks with child, you'll have your child within hours or days anyway.

DCF can't do anything PERMANENTLY without a court order.

If you believe something is being done to you that violates your rights, you can ask that a lawyer be appointed (assuming you are financially eligible) to represent you and protect your rights.

Parental Rights in Florida Regarding DCF

Under Florida law, when the Florida Department of Children and Families
( www.dcf.state.fl.us ) makes a recommendation that a child be removed from her parents as a result of abuse, neglect or the parent's inability to properly care for the child, the parent has the right to a fair hearing on the matter within 30 days.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

Can dcf take my baby away

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible. However, your post is devoid of facts, so there's no way for anyone to comment intelligently on the existence or non-existence of a legal or factual basis for DCF to do this once your child is born.

my mother has an open case on my two sisters but my case has be closed for a year and six months

Not sure what any of this means.

Back