17 and 19 can we date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

code

Hello I have a question I want to date a 17 year old. I'm 19 the 17 year-olds parents are okay with it, can I date this person if I don't have sex with this person?

DON'T OPEN another thread asking the same question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I have a question I want to date a 17 year old. I'm 19 the 17 year-olds parents are okay with it, can I date this person if I don't have sex with this person?

So, you're asking ME, if you can date a 17 year old. I say, NO, I refuse to give YOU my permission to date a 17 year old. I am ordering you NOT to date ANYONE for the next THREE years, since you gave me the authority to advise YOU on dating.

Is it legal for a 19 and 17 year old to date in the state of California if the 17 year olds parents are okay with it and they don't have sex?

If "dating" means hanging out, talking, maybe holding hands and a kiss or two, then, yeah - it's legal. If it means copping a feel or anything remotely sexual, no, it would not be legal.

You need to be very careful when you are an adult & are "dating" a minor - things can sometimes get out of hand & people sometimes report things they see or believe they see.

As you were told in your other thread, the law does not give a damn who you date. The law only cares whether (1) the minor has his or her parents's permission to date and (2) that there be no sex.

So if the parents are good with it and you keep your pants zipped/legs together, the law is supremely indifferent to who you go to the prom with.

There are no laws that define or restrict "dating" its when sex or sexual contact (does not have to be physical) that the law applies. If you want it simple if you wouldn't do it with your sister you should probably not do it with this minor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back