16 Want to Live With Nana & Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMose

I was raised by by my Nana & Pa till I was 7 almost 8. I was court ordered to live with then she left me alonemy mother. I have been emotionally abused from day one at her apartment. My memory of my first day was " Sit there and be quite" then she left me alone. Since then she has bashed my Nana & Pa constantly."Your not my daughter your Nana's", "I don't Know why my grandparents died, they were good people. Your Nana & Pa should have died. The day they die I will have a big party. If i had to do it all over again no one would know you I would have given you away". These are just some of the things I have been told over the past few years living with her. I get no praise for good grades or any accpomlisment in any activities at school. I have been told I cannot be in drama club or stundent council because they don't have to provide that for me. Even femine products are not a necessity. I just want the drama to stop. I don't get any support from my step mother either. She has told my mother that I am ruining her marriage to my father. I want to live with my Nana and Pa. They have always supported me. As well as pick up the slack for my parents by buying me clothes, femine products, etc. How can I make this happen.

You can't. Until you're 18, you live where your parents say.

If you feel you're being abused or neglected, contact your school counselor.

Agree, you're still a minor (the age of majority is 18 in Illinois). When you are 18, you can live where you wish. In the meantime, you live where your parents say. As Proserpina noted, if you are being abused or neglected, talk to/tell someone such as your school counselor.

In this case, since there was a court order that she live with her grandparents, I'd still like to know what happened when she was seven. Was the order lifted? If so, why?

In this case, since there was a court order that she live with her grandparents, I'd still like to know what happened when she was seven. Was the order lifted? If so, why?

(Ignoring Kelly :rolleyes: )

I'm reading it that at 7 Mom got custody, and then left again.

That's the way I was reading it also though it isn't completely clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back