16 almost 17 want to be emancipated for my unborn child

Like it or not, this guy is the father and he is financially responsible for this baby. Before you will qualify for any government funds, you will need to collect from him first. I'm sure your parents are also reacting to your poor choice of partners as no one wants their teenager getting involved with a jobless, suicidal, adult. Yet, you are now bound to this guy for life. You also may be facing a raising a child with mental health issues as these conditions often run in families. That is a lot for your parents to absorb. While you are looking at this through rose colored glasses, they know how hard it is to raise a kid, afford a decent life and even get a job. Expecting them to jump for joy and be happy about the circumstances just goes to show how not ready for all of this you are. You have forever changed their lives as well. Even if years down the road you go on to lead a happy, productive life, the short term is going to be very hard on them.

Even if you get a job, CNAs don't make a lot and the hours can make it even more difficult to find daycare. Daycare alone can run $500-$1,000+ a month.

You need to talk to your parents about what they can and are willing to offer in terms of support. You need to talk to the father and do the same. You also need to be realistic about your ability to raise this child properly and what options are out there. Perhaps the best gift you could give this baby is to allow him or her to be adopted by a family who is financially and emotionally prepared to raise a child.

Are you kidding me? He is in the nut house so he can get a bogus diagnosis, SSI, free food, medical and housing for life. He will probably never a pay a dime of child support.

Ok so your "adult" BF got you pregnant at 16 and maybe having sex at 15 (under age of consent). Your plan to "get a job" is just a plan nothing more. Getting your CNA and raising a child are not a cake walk! Caring for this child without help IE WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps or, Medicaid is almost impossible. Once you seek that help they will demand Father's info and he will be forced to pay child support. Nothing is as simple as you think

The father got me pregnant AT 16! My child is due in june ill be 17 in march have you not all thought to read my posts and i have help but its not from 'your tax dollars'

I agree his grandparents also made up fake federal laws to say they are going to take me to court for i asked my school officer and she said a judge would laugh it out of the court room

I agree his grandparents also made up fake federal laws to say they are going to take me to court for i asked my school officer and she said a judge would laugh it out of the court room

If an adult male impregnated me at age 16, then pretended to go whacko, I'd have my mom and dad get the police and child protective services involved.

At age 16 I am an inexperienced, trusting kid.

No adult should hurt kids, and no adult should do the NASTY to them.

That tiger needs to be charged with something for doing something to me, a little kid.

Heck, when I was 16, I knew some kids that thought you couldn't get pregnant until you were an adult. Yeah, sounds even crazier today.

Some of them country kids, I grew up on a cattle ranch in the middle of east nowhere. Some of them kids said raw eating onions and garlic would prevent pregnancy and kill sperm. Yeah, I know, right.

Last edited:
That is kind of crazy but i mean it was my stupidity that got me into this mess somehow i took my pills wrong and he didnt use a condom but he got super mad at me for falling asleep so in my position i saw it as if i let him do what he wants he will forgive me for falling asleep but he broke it off like a week later. He said the strsngest out of the blue things about having a family with me when we were having sex but then hated and didnt want kids when we werent so youd understand why id bring up or talk about kids

He has blame in my eyes because he is the one who told me everything woupd be fine and begged me to sleep with him but from my parents eyes he has no blame and i forced him to have this baby with me which his grandmother sent my dad a long email about how they can sue us over parental entrapment... I asked some questions and googled some things and parental entrapment is done by people who want babies more than they want to live and do things like take the used condom and put it in them... what i did was let him finish inside me which was my instant downfall but precum does happen... I dont know which got me pregnant im just assuming.

Obviously... if I didnt know that i would have no right to be having sex to begin with. if you dont know what could happen even with a birth control method you shouldnt have sex at all

Don't be confused this was an adult who manipulated and/or seduced a child then abandoned her after his inproper actions brought him problems

Hon, whatever your parents or your erstwhile boyfriend or his parents are telling you, the only thing you're responsible for is bad judgement, and that's to be expected in someone your age. You are still legally a child (that's not an insult or a comment on your maturity or emotional stability - it's a legal fact. You're not 18 yet; therefore as far as the law is concerned you are a child) and the father of your baby is legally an adult. The responsibility, legally, is his and not yours.

However, NONE of that changes the fact that there are criteria that have to be met before the law will even consider emancipating you, and you do not meet those criteria.

That is kind of crazy but i mean it was my stupidity that got me into this mess somehow i took my pills wrong and he didnt use a condom but he got super mad at me for falling asleep so in my position i saw it as if i let him do what he wants he will forgive me for falling asleep but he broke it off like a week later. He said the strsngest out of the blue things about having a family with me when we were having sex but then hated and didnt want kids when we werent so youd understand why id bring up or talk about kids

You're not stupid.
You're a kid.
The way you're reacting is precisely why the law says adults are prohibited from having sex with kids.
Adults, real adults don't need laws to stop them from having sex with kids.
I'd never consider saving sex, or doing anything inappropriate with a kid.
You're not to blame for what happened.
But, you're stuck with the kid, and you're still a kid.
I don't blame you for anything.
You need to talk to someone,not anyone that supports kids being exploited sexually be adults.
You need a counselor that will help you.
If not, this sad pattern will eventually destroy you.
Adults, real adults can use reason.
Children rationalize things.
Yes, creatures in adult disguise do that, too.
The one that impregnated you is one of those.
Your story makes me sad.
It's a story I have seen far too many times.
It's not your fault.
You're just a kid with a big adult problem.

Yes that is exactly what i am thinking my father told me i was either having an abortion or moving back in with my emotionally and used to be physically abusive (i dont know if she still is) so my otpions arent exactly wonderful....

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but if you leave home without permission anyone who takes you in could potentially have their own legal troubles for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
Don't bring that trouble to anyone.
You may not agree, but you are best off to stay at home and repair your broken relationships with your family.

Back