14 year old pregnant.

MariahBlack

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
My 14 year old daughter is pregnant and is not wanting to give it up for adoption and the father has brainwashed her thinking they can support the baby. Neither of then have a job or license or a car. They are both still in high school. Is there anyway i can lay down the law and put the baby up for adoption. Thank you for your help.

How old is the father?

Depending on his age you might be able to get him prosecuted and then you'll have more control over your daughter:

Statutory rape is prosecuted under Oklahoma's rape and sex crime laws. Penalties depend on the ages of the defendant and victim, and the conduct that occurred, as described below.

First degree rape includes consensual sex (which includes penetration, however slight, by a body part or other object) between a minor who is younger than 14 and a defendant who is 18 or older. Penalties include at least five years (and up to life) in prison.

Second degree rape includes consensual sex between a minor younger than 14 and a defendant who is younger than 18. It also includes consensual sex between a minor who is 14 or 15, and a defendant who is 18 or older. Penalties include at least one year (and up to 15 years) in prison.

Lewd or indecent acts with a child younger than 16 includes sexual touching (without penetration) between a minor who is younger than 16 and a defendant who is at least three years older than the victim. This offense may incur several years in prison.

(21 Ok. Stat. § 45-1114 & 45-1123.)

s there anyway i can lay down the law and put the baby up for adoption.

You can petition the juvenile court in your county to discuss your child's "CHiNS" (child in need of services) petition, her incorrigibility, and failure to attend to your parental guidance.

Trust me, that usually wakes them up, real quick.

You can also petition the court to order you and her into individual and family counseling.

You have control over your daughter at her age EXCEPT as KatDini noted not in regard to the baby. It's your daughter's decision/choice.

You have no option that will force her to abort, give child for adoption or, even keep child. That is all her choice. However there is NO LAW that forces or compels you to support child only your daughter. That is 100% on parents. If the parents cannot do so then Children's services could be involved. If the younglings think they can support a child let them try with NO HELP from you! I expect they wont last long Father will bail and then comes court and child support, visitation etc issues.

Back