Will my burglary charge of 2010 effect my girlfriends custody battle for her kid?

Shaneriggs

Jurisdiction
Florida
In 2010 i pled no contest to a burglary charge and was placed on probaition. My girlfriend is in the process of trying to obtain full custody of her child. She told me last night she cant be with me anymore in fear that my burglary charge from 2010 will affect the outcome of the custody battle. I dont want to loose the love of my life and i'm willing to do anything to stay with her.
Soy question is will my burglary charge affect my girlfriends child custody battle

In 2010 i pled no contest to a burglary charge and was placed on probaition. My girlfriend is in the process of trying to obtain full custody of her child. She told me last night she cant be with me anymore in fear that my burglary charge from 2010 will affect the outcome of the custody battle. I dont want to loose the love of my life and i'm willing to do anything to stay with her.
Soy question is will my burglary charge affect my girlfriends child custody battle

Whether the charge will or won't affect her custody order, just leave as she has asked you to do.

If you press the issue and BEG to stay, she'll be forced to choose her child or you.

I'm sure you know which one she'll choose.

Be smart, leave tonight, and find your own place.
You can still visit her, go to dinner, go to a movie, but be a man, not a whiny, clingy, little baby.

Agreed. In addition I would suspect the other parent (also wanting custody I presume) would use your past to block your GF attempt to gain custody. If she has asked you to leave then do so. She may be the love of your life but this is her child. With any decent parent the child wins each time.

Back