what does the employee have the right to obtain from work file once they are terminat

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboz1

we had an employee who fell at work while she was intoxicated, she refused to seek treatment and signed letter stating she was refusing treatment.because she knew we were going to test her blood alcohol level for workers compensation. she has been let go for various reasons she now wants copy of accident report so she can sue us for falling down on the job.

we had an employee who fell at work while she was intoxicated, she refused to seek treatment and signed letter stating she was refusing treatment.because she knew we were going to test her blood alcohol level for workers compensation. she has been let go for various reasons she now wants copy of accident report so she can sue us for falling down on the job.

You should discuss this with your corporate counsel.

Generally, she has a right to ask for that and other documents relating to her employment.

If you refuse, her lawyer will subpoena many more of your business records.

I know I would.

That'll turn your world upside down.

I'd also stop saying she was inebriated or had been drinking alcohol.

You didn't test her, did you? No, because you say she refused.

If you persist with that defense, she and her lawyer will clean your clock.

Hire an attorney before you help her pick your pockets.

And, for goodness sakes, stop making claims about her that you can't prove!!!

Last edited:
myself as the manager AND 2 OF HER BOSSES ASKED HER IF SHE WAS OK TO WORK AND ACTUALLY OHIO LAW STATES THAT SHE CAN RETAIN A COPY OF HER ACCIDENT REPORT BUT CANNOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM HER FOLDER PER CORPORATE AND WHICH IS STATED IN THE OHIO LABOR LAWS.SO READ UP PEOPLE, ALSO SHE ADMITTED TO BE INTOXICATED WHEN SHE REFUSED TREATMENT AND SIGNED AN AFIDAVIT TO THAT FACT. THERE ARE ALSO FILINGS FROM OTHERS WHO SAW HER DRINKING AT THE ESTABLISHMENT BEFORE SHE CAME TO WORK AND THE OTHER TWO EMPLOYEES WHO WORKED DIRECTLY WITH HER THAT SIGNED PAPERS THAT SHE SMELLED OF ALCOHOL AND HAD NOT TIED HER SHOE STRINGS UNTIL SHE WAS SITTING ON THE FLOOR AFTER SHE FELL. SORRY DONT THINK SHE STANDS MUCH OF A CHANCE. ALL STATES HAVE DIFFERENT LABOR LAWS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE A SIGNED DOCUMENT, ANYONE CAN REVIEW WHAT IS IN THEIR EMPLOYMENT FOLDER BUT YOU CANNOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM IT. ONCE YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY THE COMPANY THEY BECOME PROPERTY OF THAT COMPANY THAT IS OHIO LAW ANYWAY. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I fail to see where anything in AJ's answer contradicts anything you've just said.

I wish you well.

myself as the manager AND 2 OF HER BOSSES ASKED HER IF SHE WAS OK TO WORK AND ACTUALLY OHIO LAW STATES THAT SHE CAN RETAIN A COPY OF HER ACCIDENT REPORT BUT CANNOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM HER FOLDER PER CORPORATE AND WHICH IS STATED IN THE OHIO LABOR LAWS.SO READ UP PEOPLE, ALSO SHE ADMITTED TO BE INTOXICATED WHEN SHE REFUSED TREATMENT AND SIGNED AN AFIDAVIT TO THAT FACT. THERE ARE ALSO FILINGS FROM OTHERS WHO SAW HER DRINKING AT THE ESTABLISHMENT BEFORE SHE CAME TO WORK AND THE OTHER TWO EMPLOYEES WHO WORKED DIRECTLY WITH HER THAT SIGNED PAPERS THAT SHE SMELLED OF ALCOHOL AND HAD NOT TIED HER SHOE STRINGS UNTIL SHE WAS SITTING ON THE FLOOR AFTER SHE FELL. SORRY DONT THINK SHE STANDS MUCH OF A CHANCE. ALL STATES HAVE DIFFERENT LABOR LAWS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE A SIGNED DOCUMENT, ANYONE CAN REVIEW WHAT IS IN THEIR EMPLOYMENT FOLDER BUT YOU CANNOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM IT. ONCE YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY THE COMPANY THEY BECOME PROPERTY OF THAT COMPANY THAT IS OHIO LAW ANYWAY. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back