What can we do to save our neice and nephew?

Alex Ridder

Jurisdiction
California
Hello I was wondering what and how should we go about possibly getting temp. Custody of my fiances neice and nephew from their parents while they try to get clean. I know the law is all for kids having their parents and the parents have all the rights. But the children are neglected so much so they are not as mentally developed as they should be. Just my opinion i know but the 2 yr old only knows how to say "yeah" because they sit him in front of the tv to watch family guy all day. They beat the kids for little things like crying or frustrating them on thing like their homework or brushing their hair. I am positive theyre on drugs. The mother has threatened suicid many times and the father has threatened the lives of may people. He even told some guys that he would rape and kill his whole family including his baby. This guy is constantly saying how he can kill or have someone killed. This last time the mom got a restraining order on the bf cause they beat eachother and have had cops called a few times. Well this week she was found drugged in a golf cart around her trailer park while the 5 and 2 year old kids ran around so she went back to this guy and we havent heard anything from her all week the 5 year old has been absent fro school this whole time. Her older sister called cps today. She we also make a report? Alot of this has no proof ofcorse just hear say but there are many witnesses to all of it. We just want the kids safe. I dont want to take them for good just until their parent clean up get jobs and a place. Please. What can and should we do? We are young 22 and 23 engaged both have jobs and a stable place with enough room. Help please.

Hello I was wondering what and how should we go about possibly getting temp. Custody of my fiances neice and nephew from their parents while they try to get clean. I know the law is all for kids having their parents and the parents have all the rights. But the children are neglected so much so they are not as mentally developed as they should be. Just my opinion i know but the 2 yr old only knows how to say "yeah" because they sit him in front of the tv to watch family guy all day. They beat the kids for little things like crying or frustrating them on thing like their homework or brushing their hair. I am positive theyre on drugs. The mother has threatened suicid many times and the father has threatened the lives of may people. He even told some guys that he would rape and kill his whole family including his baby. This guy is constantly saying how he can kill or have someone killed. This last time the mom got a restraining order on the bf cause they beat eachother and have had cops called a few times. Well this week she was found drugged in a golf cart around her trailer park while the 5 and 2 year old kids ran around so she went back to this guy and we havent heard anything from her all week the 5 year old has been absent fro school this whole time. Her older sister called cps today. She we also make a report? Alot of this has no proof ofcorse just hear say but there are many witnesses to all of it. We just want the kids safe. I dont want to take them for good just until their parent clean up get jobs and a place. Please. What can and should we do? We are young 22 and 23 engaged both have jobs and a stable place with enough room. Help please.

If you are concerned about children, any children, report what you know to believe how the children are in danger, being hurt, enduring neglect, or suffering abuse; always report teh matter to the police or child services in your state.

This is the link for child services:

Report Abuse

As far as you getting custody, highly unlikely.
The grandparents (maternal and paternal) would be first in line, if the state, upon investigation could prove your allegations are more than mere suspicions.

Good luck.

It wouldn't hurt for you to call CPS and let them know that you are available if they need to place the children somewhere temporarily.

Fiancees have no legal standing so you have no part in any of this. Their uncle only has marginal standing. Either of you can contact CPS if the children are being mistreated.

You need to contact CPS or the police if there is ever any emergency situation.

Back